Creo Surfacing Level 5: Advanced Import to Create Parametric Surfaces
Learn to create digitally correct complex geometries relative to point cloud imports using parametric curves and parametric surfaces inside Creo. Participants will work with a choice of Rhino, Geomagic, Restyle & Alias surface imports or various point cloud data.
Introduction to managing import data to become parametric and modifiable. This Creo training course is developed for seasoned users become proficient learning these techniques using Creo in just two days. We help you learn Creo not read to you from an exercise. In this course we help design engineers learn how to make changes quickly to set them up for becoming expert faster.
- Review basic import functions.
- Go over in great detail redefining functions for import geometry.
- Learn to manipulate import geometry.
- Review in-depth advanced import functions.
- Learn to manage various import geometries.
- Discuss in detail problems with import geometry and offer solutions.
- Learn workflow solutions and problem solving techniques with Creo Surfacing and ISDX.
- Learn to maintain some parametric ability with multiple imports.
- Learn to create fully modifiable Creo geometry with scan data.
- Learn to rebuild import geometry completely with full robust parametric controls.
- Use layers to manage offset surfaces in the solidification effort.
- Discuss using import geometry for checking assembly interference.
This workshop is only for those designers or engineers who have taken at least two 16 hour workshops from Design Engine in the past. Prior import experience is not necessary, however this is an advanced class as such participants are expected to have a high level of surfacing experience. We suggest either the Design Engine Creo Surfacing Level 1 Class or the Creo Surfacing Level 6: Creo Style ISDX as a prerequisite to this class.
- Discuss reverse engineering history and evolution.
- Discuss polygon imports and contrast from Geomagic or Restyle IGES imports.
- Overview of Wildfire Restyle.
- Discuss strengths and weaknesses of Wildfire Restyle.
- Creating parametric curves and surfaces on top of static import geometry.
- Discuss the multitude of scan data techniques and offer suggestions to users who actually conduct the scanning process for easier recreation using Creo.
- Discuss building parametric curve and surface geometry directly or indirectly from IGES or STEP geometry.
- Discuss granite one seamless imports.
- Discuss polygon imports in great detail and as apart of an exercise use poly geometry to create robust parametric data.
- Learn techniques for managing import data.
- Learn alternate techniques to getting scan data for capturing form.
- Learn techniques for moving import data into the appropriate position for managing the model construction process.
- Learn workflow techniques for rebuilding robust parametric models from import geometry.
- Learn inspection techniques to compare one parametric model to existing scan data.
- Learn first article inspection techniques within Creo.
- Learn how to create offset surfaces for shelling techniques.
- Learn how to use import geometry for checking assembly interference.
- Learn how to use ISDX to reverse engineer components and make parametric and robust geometry that can be modified after analysis.
- Learn how to import techniques for rebuilding ergonomic forms.