Designing with Alias Design or Alias Surface – More Advanced Modeling Techniques
Course Duration: 40 hours
Tuition: $2,300 USD
Overview: Autodesk Alias Design or Alias Surface are industrial design packages that powers your creative process with a range of sketching, modeling, surfacing, and visualization tools. Create compelling designs with tools tailored for industrial design, automotive design, and technical surfacing. This one-week intensive helps designers with modeling methodology, tips and tricks plus in depth modeling approaches to developing form. There is an array tool for modeling grills, speakers, and wheels, you can also lay down “stitch patterns” with the new Path Array tool, along with integrated sketching and illustration tools and product visualization produces high-res imagery for marketing product designs. The participant will learn specific workflow and work with more advanced Alias surface models. Participants are encouraged to bring projects to work on in class.
Deliverable: Gain modeling approach, technique and insight to the advanced capabilities you need with Autodesk Alias, from initial concept sketch to development of production-ready Class-A surfaces. Participants will receive the login and password to Design Engine online tutors. Unemployed participants will receive a list of companies using Alias Studio with contact names.
- Create more advanced curves and surfaces from curves.
- Participants will focus on 12 to 15 instructor lead tutors.
- Tips and tricks to gain design advantage and specific workflow.
- Focus on rounds and blends then forcing tangency.
- Course is customizable to focus upon any number of details such as rendering or modeling.
- Customized, procedural, and environment map and renderings.
- Discuss improper modeling techniques and look at advanced models and examples of high-end techniques for cultivating design approach.
- Export and import functions to Creo or SolidWorks.
- Tooling without export to Creo or SolidWorks.
- Curvature issues in detail.
- Plan of attach for approaching more complex form.
Click To View Images:
“Alias Training”, “Alias Classes”, “Alias Courses”, “Alias Automotive”, “Alias Design’, “G2 Continuity”, “Class-A”