The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 is the first quadricopter that can be controlled by a smartphone or tablet. By tilting your device, you control the direction of your AR.Drone, and by releasing it, the AR.Drone is instantly stabilized. Thanks to the AR.Drone’s autopilot feature, anyone can be an expert as the AR.Drone allows for an easy take-off and landing.
AR.FreeFlight 2.0 is an application available for free on the App Store or the Android Market. The new ‘Absolute Control’ mode gives you an option to change levels from beginner to expert. Flying is like playing a video game: While holding down an on-screen button, you tilt your phone in the direction you want the device to fly. All those sensors and processors keep the drone extremely stable, so unlike every other remote-controlled flying toy, the drone goes exactly where you want it to. When you let go of the controls, it keeps its position fixed in the air.
* Receives 720p high-definition live video streaming to smartphone or tablet while flying
* Records & shares videos & pictures straight from AR.FreeFlight 2.0 piloting app
* Orange & Blue
* Remote control quadricopter controlled by iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices with Version 2.2 and Multi-Touch
* Record your live flight videos in HD and send them directly to YouTube and Picasa from the new AR.Drone 2.0 Piloting App
* Perform flips with the press of a button and enjoy a variety of games
* Interchangeable hulls designed for both indoor and outdoor use
George Gaynor, owner at Adventure Hobbies in Wheeling Illinois (Website) custom builds video equipped R/C Planes ranging in price from $300 to over $4000, but as you can see, these planes shoot an amazing video.
Click To View Images:
PARROT AR.Drone 2.0 Quadricopter