Alias Modeling for Tooling
In this Alias Modeling for Tooling course, participants are encouraged to bring projects to work on in class. Autodesk Alias is industrial design software that powers your creative process with a range of sketching, modeling, surfacing, and visualization tools. Create compelling designs with tools tailored for industrial design, automotive design, and technical surfacing. There is an array tool for modeling grills, speakers, and wheels, you can also lay down “stitch patterns” with the new Path Array tool, along with integrated sketching and illustration tools and product visualization produces high-res imagery for marketing product designs. Participants will learn the specific workflow and work with more advanced Alias Studio surface models. General principles of product design as related specifically to manufacturing. This is not a Class A workshop.
- Modeling techniques for the core tools with respect to tooling data.
- Master blend curves, align functions, and surface fillets.
- The 40 hour workshop can be tailored to work with individual or corporate projects.
- Draft techniques for production tooling.
40 hours = $2700 per student
For corporate rates, please call (312)226-8339
Industrial design degree helpful but not necessary. This workshop has been designed for experienced Alias users. Consider our Level 1: Alias Design class if you want the skills to advance to this Level 4: Alias Studio Modeling for Tooling class. We also have an amazing 4 Week Comprehensive Alias Design class which is a must have for anyone serious about Industrial Design Software.
- Discuss the difference between bezier and NURBS.
- Learn about CV distribution and span distribution.
- Discuss with examples global evaluation, diagnostic, and shading.
- Discuss with examples the import process for taking tooling data into engineering tools such as Solidworks or Pro/Engineer.
- Blow molded bottle design.
- Cellular product design project.
- Diecast stapler.
This Alias Rendering Intensive course goes beyond the general principles of product rendering, as related specifically to Alias Design. Autodesk Alias is industrial design software that powers your creative process with a range of sketching, modeling, surfacing, and visualization tools. You will learn the foundations of rendering. For instance, you will learn how to determine the type of rendering operation that will be performed, the location of the renderer, and renders the scene. Enroll in this intensive course used in the automotive and industrial design industries.