Adobe After Effects Workshop
Course Duration: 40 hours
Prerequisites: Art degree or a basic understanding of video is helpful. Participants should have basic Windows application skills, such as saving files, copying and pasting text, etc. Experience with a video editing application such as Adobe Premiere is helpful – although not required, as is experience with graphics applications such as Adobe Photoshop.
Overview: In this Adobe After Effects course we teach you the basics of the industry-standard tool for motion graphics, special effects, and production is fun and easy with our controlled learning environment. With instructor guidance and tutorials, you will learn to control Keyframes, use Parenting, use Time Remapping, understand Masking and Blending Modes, create mattes, and use adjustment layers to add complex impact to your animations.
Instructional Methods: Each class period will consist primarily of lectures and demonstrations ranging from 60-90 minutes in the morning session and once again after lunch in the afternoon session. Lessons will be given on a main screen projector and classes will be small, usually under four students. After the demonstration, students will be required to work on in-class assignments that will reiterate the day’s lesson plan. Course notes will be provided as reference, however, students should be drafting their own, in-depth notes, for a better grasp on the software. Homework is not assigned, but practice makes perfect.
- Investigate project, Clip, Comp Windows, Palettes, Timeline, and Graph Editor.
- Learn to control Keyframes, use Parenting and Time Remapping, and understand how to make the most of powerful Masking and Blending Modes.
- Discover how to create striking motion graphics and animate text well.
- Create projects and compositions with Media Clips that play in a sequence.
- Apply animated effects and motion to sequenced media elements.
- Manipulate the sequence and duration of footage items into hierarchies through parenting and nested compositions.
- Blend transparencies with Masks, Track Mattes, and Modes.
- Create complex animations with Keyframe and Velocity Control.
- Create and use 3D animations and effects.
- Integrate After Effects elements with other applications.
- Render compositions and choose appropriate rendering options and codecs.