Maya: ZBrush Sculpting Workshop
Course Duration: 40 hours
Overview: Zbrush has become the industry standard character and environment creation tool for feature film and game studios across the world. This ZBrush training course takes a comprehensive look at ZBrush 3.1’s toolset for high-end 3D modeling and texturing. Instruction includes a complete ZBrush workflow, starting with a low-poly base mesh and finishing it at up to a 6 million polygon level. The class is only a week long, however, much emphasis is given on the aesthetic nature of sculpting and texturing from an artistic perspective.
Instructional Methods: Each class period will consist primarily of lectures and demonstrations ranging from 60-90 minutes in the morning session and once again after lunch in the afternoon session. Lessons will be given on a main screen projector and there will be small classes usually under four students. After the demonstration, students will be required to work on in-class assignments that will reiterate the day’s lesson plan. Course notes will be provided as reference, however, students should be drafting their own, in-depth notes, for a better grasp on the software. Homework is not assigned, but practice makes perfect.
- Introduction to ZBrush 3 interface and modeling with z spheres, uv groups, alphas, masking, and stencils.
- Brushes, ztools and sculpting techniques, subtools, and multi-level modeling.
- Materials and shading, polypainting, texturing, matcap and UV Mapping in ZBrush.
- Rigging and posing, transpose master and retopologize.
- ZBrush to Maya and Photoshop, displacement maps, lighting and rendering.
Projects: Average man, rhinoceros, soldier, demo head, dog, elephant, Poseidon, sword, and horse. More specific models available on request for personal projects.
Prerequisite: An art degree or a basic understanding of form, color, and texture is helpful.
- Learn about the basic and core concepts of ZBrush.
- Master several ZBrush workflow for sculpting.
- Modeling with Zspheres.
- Alphas, Masks, Stencils
- Projection master
- Material capture
- Discuss Import for Maya preparations.
- Discuss texture application process.
- Scars, tattoos, and muscle definition.
Click To View Images:
“ZBrush training”, “ZBrush classes”, “ZBrush courses”
*Please note that prices listed on this page are based upon pre-payment prior to the start of the class