SolidWorks Sheet Metal Course
Course Duration: 16-24 hours
Overview: Learn the fundamentals of modeling and creating sheet metal parts in SOLIDWORKS with the intention of manufacturing using sheet metal. Students have the option to customize this course to fit their requirements. Call 312.226.8339 for specific onsite training.
Onsite Training: This and all Design-engine courses are offered onsite at your facility. Call to speak to an account manager to arrange a class at 312.226.8339 today.
Prerequisite: Design Engine’s Week One Learning to design in SolidWorks Intensive. or 3 months experience with SOLIDWORKS.
- Principals of sheet metal modeling
- Base Flange/Tab
- Flat patterns
- Miter Flange
- Joggle Geometry
- Folds & Unfolds
- Corner treatments
- Patterns & Vents
- Louver & Dimple forming tools plus Custom forms
- Swept Flange
- Layout and develop pivot bracket. 3/32″ Aluminum bracket then add a Flat State instance.
- Build brackets with bends and extruded walls with a variety of challenges.
- Model dust cover for back of computer using stamp (form tools).
- Create multiple parts that lock together such as a sheet metal computer power supply.
- Several Brackets, using Hem Bends, Deep Drawn Form, and combinations.
- Explore various workflow for developing sheet metal components using ‘Convert to Sheet metal’ techniques.
- Create custom forms ranging from lances, louvers & dimples
- Discuss pattern features and how to utilize them for sheet metal parts.
- Discuss form tools and how to manage them on parts.
- Discuss the difference between Normal Extruded Cuts vs regular Extruded Cuts in SOLIDWORKS.
Introduction to constraint based modeling using SolidWorks Sheet Metal & making changes utilizing the latest release of SolidWorks. This SolidWorks sheet metal training course is developed for new and seasoned users who want to become proficient learning SolidWorks sheet metal in just one week. We help you learn SolidWorks, not read to you from a book or exercise. In this course we help design engineers learn how to make changes quickly to set them up for becoming expert faster. As with all Design-Engine classes, participants keep the training material login and password for life.
“SolidWorks training, “SolidWorks classes”, “SolidWorks courses”, “learn SolidWorks sheetmetal”, “learn SolidWorks sheet metal”, “sheet metal training”
Video Training Delivery System:
Ask your Design Engine account manager about the Design-Engine Video Training Delivery System or TDS for short. We have prepared this entire class in an easy to follow guide for designers and engineers who may want this TDS as a supplement to this course. Call today to speak to an account manager about the details at 312.226.8339.