Creo Level 11: Import Data Doctor
- Basic work flow, scope, and purpose of IDD.
- New workflow for Zip Gaps.
- Learn to delete and rebuild Boundary Blends inside IDD.
- Activate vs deactivate
- Merge workflow changed inside IDD and how to do so.
- Deal with more simple imports and task based repair of IGES or STEP geometry using IDD.
- Complex imports
- Coincident surfaces
- Define Gaps, Repair Gaps, and Closing gaps.
- Gaps/Slivers and how to manage them using Find.
- Tangent inside IDD.
- Modify, Extrapolate, Align, Transform, and Replace.
- Move Vetex
- Learn to make portions of your import geometry parametric.
- Freeze entities vs managing what changes during manipulations.
- Learn to manage sheet metal imports, Convert, Combine, and Extrude (convert non parametric data to parametric features).
16 hours (2 days)
Some surface modeling skills are helpful.
- Discuss various types of data for import such as Points, Facet Data, DXF, STEP and IGES. Compare in Creo 5.0
- User Interface differences in Creo vs pre Wildfire 4.0 when IDD was introduced.
- Convert surfaces to cylinders and extrusions (Pseudo-Feature).
- Display options for Frozen, Wireframe, Vertices ,and Tangent Constraints.
- IDD with respect to converting Sheet metal IGES / STEP parts from Creo then to Creo Sheet metal then ultimately to a flattened state.
- Basic workflow for generic repair vs more difficult repairs.
- Tips and Tricks
- Discuss workflow for making Import geometry parametric.
- Manage basic import and rebuild using tools outside of DataDoctor.
- Basic import and rebuild using tools inside DataDoctor.
- Sheet metal repair.