Creo Surfacing Freestyle ‘Sub’D (Subdivisional) Modeling
Course Duration: 16 hours (2 days) /40 hrs (5 days) This Coruse can be administered in a one week format as well.
Overview: Learn to Create Freestyle surfaces using the new Sub’D Modeler inside Creo (this tool was new in Creo 1.0). All of our courses are customized.
Prerequisite: None. However, a basic understanding of Creo surfaces would allow students to get further through the course material.
- Basic work flow
- Using Trace Sketch
- Using Visual Mirror
- Transform and Scale Control vertices/faces
- Align and planarize
- Extrude Sub’d
- Utilize Transform & Scale to manifest vertices & edge lines.
- Manage Mirror and break summitry as necessary
- Utilize Connect, Edge Split, and Face Split to tweak and pinch surfaces
- Rendering using Creo Mental Ray tools
- Mix and match Freesltye with Creo Parametric surfaces
- Discuss what’s new in Creo 6.0 Freestyle
- Integrating Sub’D Freestyle surfaces with other surfaces inside Creo and Style.
- Creating soft-good products such as leather goods and bags.
- Discuss the history of Sub’D Freestyle modeling and compare to Catia, Maya, and 3D Max.
- Discuss Sub’D Freestyle work flow with respect to integrating to regular surfaces in Creo.
- Discuss the various primitives and their perspective workflow.
- Discuss manipulating faces vs vertices.
- Learn more advanced workflow managing conceptual design or ideation of forms.
- Discuss with examples constraining freelstyle geometry to parametric curves and Creo Surfaces.
- Create a couch and Ottoman.
- Create a toy airplane using a Creo Freestyle polygon cubeCreate a toy giraffe model using a polygon box primitive.
- Create eyeglass frames from a primitive sphere.
- Create a carbon fiber bicycle frame.
- Create an Auto Front end from images.
- Create a front-end of a rally car from a square initial primitive shape.
- Create bicycle and/or Motorcycle saddle.
- Develop Motorcycle Swing-arm using Freestyle coupled with Creo Solid Geometry
- Create new plastic for a YZ450 Motocross bike
- Create multiple iterations of a hair brushes.
- Create soft-goods products such as bags and gun holsters.
- Create perfect circles for machined mating parts
There are 20 tutorials for this advanced Creo Surfacing Freestyle Workshop in total . More experience users tend to move more quickly through the materials.