Maya: Four Week Comprehensive
Course Duration: 160 hours
Overview: This Maya 3D: Four Week Comprehensive Training is an intensive in depth focus into 3D modeling utilizing Autodesk Maya 3D. This four week compressive workshop is a culmination of all the Maya 3D classes we offer. Learn Maya 3D basics of modeling, shading, animation, dynamics and character development using Maya 3D.
Week One: Portfolio review, interface, modeling intensive. Serious overview using Maya 3D.
Week Two: Modeling NURBS, advanced polygon modeling, lighting techniques, renderings, data exchange, and import to Pro/Engineer for tooling. Rendering intensive.
Week Three: Rendering and details for developing imagery for portfolio. After Effects, animation, dynamics, deformation, and more rendering.
Week Four: Character Development.
Prerequisite: Degree in design or sculpture helpful but not necessary. This class is perfect for graphic designers looking to enhance their ability to get jobs within advertising agencies.
Other than the topics listed below this workshop is always customized to what you need. Ask about our ZBrush offerings too!
- Establish a strong foundation in Maya to build on as you learn.
- Learn the Maya interface: Modeling and Rendering.
- Create primitives in NURBS, Polygons, Surfaces and Subdivisions.
- Model out of spheres, cubes, cylinders, cones, planes, circles and squares.
- Learn how to manipulate verticies, faces, edges, UV’s.
- Learn with hands on examples the basics of polygon and subdivided surface modeling using Poly Proxy.
- Model using all modeling tools such as: Sculpt, Extrude, Duplicate, etc.
- Learn how to model using lattices and other deformers.
- Learn how to convert NURBS to polygons & subdivisions and vice versa.
- Learn parenting by using the Hypergraph.
- Learn lighting and understand how a scene should be lit using Key, Fill, and Back Lighting.
- Learn how to create shadows and reflections to create the right kind of atmosphere for the scene.
- Learn object shading and texturing.
- Learn how to use the Hypershade and how to create shading networks.
- Learn how to prepare a scene before rendering: adjusting the anti-aliasing, resolution, format, and shadows.
- Discuss proving form and review techniques for ideation.
- Discuss strengths and weaknesses comparing polygonal and boundary modeling in Maya to other high-end industry standard surfacing software.
- Discuss light reflections with respect to subconscious understanding of 3D form.
- Discuss standard modeling techniques with respect to industry standards.
- Discuss plan of attack and approach for capturing form from conceptual sketches.
- Understand the Common Material Attributes: Color, Incandescence, Bump Mapping, Diffuse, Incandescence, Transparency, Translucence (depth and focus).
- Understand Bump Mapping and what it can achieve in a specific scene.
- Discuss various editors and the layout of Maya.
- Utilize the rendering techniques Maya has to offer.
- Discuss optimizing quality with respect to render times and discuss troubleshooting common rendering problems.
- Understand how to add motion blur to scenes with objects that are in motion.
- Learn how to create a camera and how to use it in rendering scenes.
- Learn how to take a manageable project from concept to render.
- Discuss tool-able data and import options to popular solid modeling programs from Maya.
- Discuss where to stop in Maya and to start in solid modeler for tooling.
- Discuss using examples important post production efforts with renderings in Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere.
- Surface evaluation (zebra striping).
- Understanding tessellation for rendering.
- Discuss character development.
- Soft goods product
- Polypropylene bottle
- Glass bottle
- Children’s riding toy
- Toy vehicle
- Polypro chair
- Character development from sketch to Maya render
Click To View Images:
“Maya training”, “Maya classes”, “Maya courses”
*Please note that prices listed on this page are based upon pre-payment prior to the start of the class