Creo Surfacing Creo Style ISDX
Course Duration: 16 hours
Overview: ISDX is the interactive (updates in real time) surfacing module from PTC. ISDX is quite revolutionary in that it combines push and pull like efforts of Alias or Rhino and gives those functions to designers and engineers who create products. This class is perfect for industrial designers with previous Alias or Rhino experience. This class is also great for engineers looking to capture form within a product design arena.
Note: This class is administered differently to engineers who are interested in capturing form, from administering the class to industrial designers interested in proving form.
Onsite Training: This course can be customized for specific products and documented before the class is administered. CAD or Product Managers should call to inquire about custom tutorial development and costs for onsite training. We also offer a subscription for custom tutorials.
- Overview of the ISDX Module.
- Design terminology
- Boundary techniques utilized by high-end surface modelers in the auto industry.
- Overview of correct surfacing techniques drawing from standard surfacing tools such as Alias and Rhino.
- Discuss using Pro/Surface parametric controls combined with ISDX strengths.
- Discuss with examples extra ordinary robust modeling techniques for proving form.
- Learn basics of Surface Edit and experiment with different surface edit techniques with various examples all while maintaining continuity.
- Hood scoop model (rebuild using ISDX from Level 1 class)
- Smile tutorial (rebuild using ISDX from Level 1 class)
- Fridge handle
- Consumer chair model
- Harley rear Seat
- Water pitcher
- Bike racing seat
- Bionic finger
- Human face
- Discuss with examples the new features of Wildfire 5.0.
- Learn Surface Edit functions within various examples.
- Different modeling approaches with respect to ISDX usage.